Sensible Nectar is dead.

The name "Sensible Nectar" is a joke.

What matters the most to me is passion. I cannot say that all of my released material had passion. I don't want to feel that way about anything I make. I want to give my endeavors careful attention, direct intent and unadulterated patience. So that my recordings are well composed, I plan on possessing and exercising an experiment-before-recording mentality from now on. To rock bands, that's called "write a song before you record it." It is obvious to any listener that my material isn't songs, and no two performances are exactly alike. However, there is a difference between fucking around and art with a purpose. A shift in identity, even if it is just a name, is an encouragement for me to formulate more thoughtfully and to be more in touch with my inner self as I create and produce.

Stay updated with new shit through the Violent Threads blog.

3 comments:

  1. what makes you think you won't do the same with 3 other projects. you were a band of less then a year. way to give up. on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you even read this post?

    i was doing sensible nectar for a year and a few months. i am also not giving up on anything. in fact, i am doing the opposite, and using a few new, more appropriate project names to do it.

    you're just a troll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, how exactly is he giving up on himself? He's giving up on something he obviously wasn't and is bringing himself back to himself. At least that's what it sounds like (I hadn't heard about you until like ten minutes ago) That couldn't be any more opposite than giving up on himself.

    And I'm glad someone came out and said this. I mean, I think the whole crazy noise scene thing is kind of fun for a little bit (and I just recently found out about how big it is on the internet), but it really probably isn't anything that anyone really feels passionate about. It's the fun of being all "hey, here's my album. look at the novel design on this novel vinyl".
    I do like a lot of the experimental lo-fi noise music, but once the music part is gone and creativity and effort of obviously lacking, I don't really want to pay even three dollars for the tape. But I think people pretend that it's so serious and passionate because it's the easiest way to put your music out there. This is probably why that commenter was acting this way; being defensive about someone calling this music, non-music.
    So I think that's cool that you've realized this and are putting yourself back on the right track. Good luck with your future projects.

    ReplyDelete